K you know that mac n “cheese” I posted on my IG story yesterday?
WELL HERE IT IS.
I’ve been playing around with my new favourite ingredient…. NUTRITIONAL YEAST.
I know, I know, I’m late to the game here but hey, at least I started now and if any of you haven’t used nutritional yeast, like me, add it to your grocery list NOW.
I have another AMAZING popcorn recipe featuring it coming your way this week or next.
This recipe can be used as a side dish or full meal. I’ve included the weight watcher points as well! I feel like kids will LOVE this and it was legit soooooo easy to make. Definitely add it to your weeknight dinner rotation.
I didn’t add more almond milk at the end just to see how it turns out, but I feel like next time I would add the tiniest bit to make the dish creamier.
PS I found this recipe at Tasty.co and used dairy free butter substitute, quinoa macaroni from Costco and unsweetened Almond Breeze.
- 2 tbs Earth Balance butter (or butter substitute)
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 tbs flour
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup unsweetened nut milk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cups dry GoGoQuinoa macaroni, prepared
- In a large pot over medium heat, add butter and allow to melt. Once melted, add onion and cook until soft.
- Sprinkle in the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and stir until combined.
- Slowwwwly pour in milk, whisking as you pour. Cook for 3-5 minutes, whisking frequently until thickened.
- Add nutritional yeast and whisk to combine.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce and combine well, adding a little more milk if necessary to reach desired creaminess and serve!
- WW 25 freestyle points total
- WW 6 points per serving
xxoo Drea Marie