Just a heads up, I made this last night and Adam told me it was
“the best food I’ve ever made”
I can’t talk up these recipes enough.
If you like pickles…… THIS SALAD. OMG. I’m addicted. Plus, I made it in like 2 minutes it’s really the perfect weekday dinner.
That also goes for the mini turkey meatloafs. Now I’m on a health kick so I used ground turkey but you can use lean ground beef or bison as well.
LET’S GET AT IT.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup reduced fat light cheese (I use marble, totally your preference)
- 1 cup panko
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (If you don't have fresh, use dried)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1½ lbs. extra lean ground turkey (can use lean beef, bison or chicken)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add and then sauté the onion and garlic and cook until softened and browned, about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, cheeses, breadcrumbs, parsley, egg and Dijon mustard. Season well with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the cooled onion and garlic. Mix until evenly incorporated but don't overwork it.
- On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, divide the meatloaf mixture into 6 equal balls and shape into small loaves, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pickle juice (or more... I seriously don't measure and love pickles.)
- fresh or dried dill
- iceberg lettuce
- white onion
- Mix everything together in a mason jar and pour over your salad!!